Monday, December 21, 2009

Atonement

Hello from the other side of the world - Asia!  I've just landed in Asia (in sickly condition) and I am already caught up in a whirlwind of ready-set plans.  I'm most looking forward to tomorrow night when I'll be a guest at a traditional Chinese wedding banquet.  The most notable event at a Chinese wedding (besides the food) is that the the bride will traditionally change into three (3) or more looks (my seamstress affectionately referred to this as "a girl's dream come true - her own fashion show and a wedding").  So, I am most excited about seeing the bride tomorrow night.

I also started thinking about some of the most stunning dresses I've seen on the big screen.  My dramatic favorite of all time would have to be Cecilia's (Keira Knightly) emerald green dress from Atonement.  Atonement's costume designer, Jacqueline Durran, chose the hue to symbolize temptation.  And, if you watch the movie (and this dress in-action), you'd agree that it steals your breath away.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...