Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Personal-izing Handbags

Remember in high school when you used to doodle on your backpack during class?  Or have friends impart their love onto your favorite tote?  Well, fear not that you have to leave this habit behind because I discovered today adults can still do this.

Allow me to submit my witnesses...

Mary-Kate Olsen is notorious for carrying around her scribble-ridden Balenciaga.  Today on People, I noticed even Lady Gaga's got some ink on her Birkin bag (yes, writing on a Birkin!).  Since I'm just an average worker bee, I'd most likely never own a Birkin in my lifetime.  On a good fortune that I might, I may never let a it out of its shrink wrap; it will sit nicely in an air-sealed container next to doorway waiting for rescue in case of a fire.  THE Birkin bag, averaging $6,500-$65,000 (and a potential waiting-list of 5 years), has become the most coveted handbag of our time.

But, that's what we love about Gaga: her laissez-faire, too-cool-for-school attitude about it all.  She can do whatever she damn well pleases.


What do you think?  What are you doodling on?

Other reading . . .

Bringing Home the Birkin: My Life in Hot Pursuit of the World's Most Coveted Handbag  The Official Filthy Rich Handbook  Lady Gaga: Behind the Fame
(yes, the book in the middle is really titled "The Official Filthy Rich Handbook" at $3.52)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...