Thursday, April 01, 2010

Perfume... Bottles.

Navigating the perfume aisle at the department stores overwhelms me.  

Like your mutual fund, every beauty house offers a diverse scent profile in addition to their staple signature scent.  If that's not enough, celebrities looking to expand their empires (and relevancy) offer you their stardom capitalized capture in a bottle (for the record, J.Lo now has five versions of her hit signature scent GlowBlue Glow, Sunkissed Glow, My Glow and Glow After Dark and three additional scents, Live, Live Luxe, and Still).  

All this confuses me.  A lot.

But what I do like about perfume is discovering that surprise pop of design in an otherwise boring fashion category.


DKNY took their design inspiration literally and created these bottles for their "Candy Apple" line:


Red:  Candy Apple Rasberry   |    Green:  Candy Apple Caramel

I guess they thought the design to be so clever, they used it for even non-candy scents:

Left:  DKNY Fresh Blossom    |    Right: DKNY Limited Edition Pink Deco Art

The Art Deco is adorable, but looks almost like a car freshener.  The candy apple colors deliver a slight sting to the eyes.  Otherwise, kudos for being original.


Although I'm slightly less intrigued by Gwen Stefani's Harajuku line, I looove the idea of grown women being able to bring home their own dolls! 

 
Top row:  (L) Harajuku Lil Angel   |   (R) Harajuku Baby

Bottom row:  (L)  Harajuku Love   |    (R) Harajuku Lovers


If I could bring one home it'd be Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cuties Love (a girlie-girl mouthful!):
Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cuties Love 0.33 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

How fun and adorable is she!? 
I'd love to have her sitting on my vanity reminding me to have fun.


The boxes deliver just as much personality as its dolls:
Gwen Stefani HARAJUKU LOVERS MUSIC Perfume for Women (EDT SPRAY .33 OZ)HARAJUKU LOVERS VARIETY by Gwen Stefani - 5 PIECE MINI VARIETY WITH BABY & LIL' ANGEL & "G" & LOVE & MUSIC AND ALL ARE PARFUM SOLID MINIS FOR WOMEN


Which one would you bring home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...