Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Comfy Pieces

Do you have a go-to piece that pulls everything together on your "off" days?  A piece that helps give your confidence boost without taking you out of your comfort[able] zone so you can have it all?

On days when I'm feeling "meh", I reach for my blazer.  Even when I decidedly go through in the same oversize t-shirt I fell asleep in, baggy jeans and a lackluster dunwanna attitude, a blazer keep everything looking sharp.  On days when confidence hasn't quite peaked and you're underwater, a blazer helps take it up a notch.  

Blazers are also highly versatile: you can pair it with t-shirt and jeans or a glamorous mini.  I personally love the androgynous look -- I'm not sure what it is, but something about menswear takes the vulnerability out of being a girlie-girl and makes you feel like a bull.

Top row:  Blazer with pants
Second row:  Blazer with skirts
 
 

(A scarf was my close 2nd... 'cause I can hide behind it all day.)

What's your go-to pick-me-up piece? 

4 comments:

  1. a lot of my jcrew pieces are my lazy go tos cuz it's just chic and easy and so brainless :p

    and YES im obsessed w/ blazers too, u can wear SHIT underneath and still look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about blazers! You can wear wrinkled $5 dresses from the hamper + blazer and still look polished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @chendaddy - what are sex fighter boxer? it sounds kind of cockblockerish.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...