Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not so Plain Jane

Is the era of the "it" bags over? Lately, I've seen a revival of structured vintage-inspired handbags. You know, the "classic" handbag as we know it: boxy, flip-over flap, hangs about waist-high... formally perceived as unimaginative?

-----

My preference for bags have always lean towards "slouchy." I love the young, hip and urbanite feel of a slouchy bag. I also love the low maintenance of it. I don't have to worry about wearing the bag facing "out," nor do I have to worry about making sure it's "set down" properly... I know it always looks great.  I do, however, hate having to dig through it. And that [frustration] is what brings me back to more structured formal handbags every time.

So, with our sunnier days numbered, now is the time to begin the search for the ladylike handbag to complement our more formal fall and winter wardrobe...



The Prada Glace Calfskin Degrade Top-Handle Bag ($2,050) comes in a gorgeous gradient leather (easy-to-match grey).  The interior is a soft beige suede and its dual handles offer versatility. It can be dressed up or down and best of all it's roomy! This handbag has a timeless style that will stay on trend for a few decades.




 

The Lanvin Lovely Leopold leather tote ($2,185) is a good blend of classic and modern. The hardware gives it enough "city tough" for it to be an easy day-to-night candidate. Overall a great modern handbag in the classic flap silhouette.



Lastly, my two favorites, which are wonderfully affordable:

$258

$240


Yes, the original handbag is back.
Until one day when I'm dining al fresco under the California sun... I'll be a slouchy girl once more.



Which classic do you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...