Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pull Up a Chair

I am so excited: Rosanna tableware will be on sale on Gilt tomorrow.

You know how when you're in the consideration phase of shopping, you get a visual of how the new piece would rotate into your wardrobe? Then, you start envisioning situations you can wear the ensemble to (for cocktails! for work? for a date in the city). Finally, after you've settled on a few ways to mix-and-match and appropriate scenarios, you happily check out?

Well, that's nothing compared to home shopping!

Every time I step into a tradition-rich Potterybarn, an ultra modern Bo Concept or a humble antique shop, I am immediately transformed.

My imagination carries me away: I'm standing in my living room that's opened up to the patio overlooking the cape. I've neatly rolled monogrammed towels in my bathroom, and peonies and hydrangeas accent the kitchen and bedside tables.  Next: I live in a monochromatic home in the yuppie part of the city. It's a luxe bachelorette pad with all the modern day conveniences. I shower while watching hidden television behind the glass wall.  Finally: I live in a studio where every piece has a story. The upholstery on the mismatched chair in the living room, the frames on the walls, my jewelery...

That's the thing about home shopping: you don't get to just envision a scenario - you get to imagine an entire lifestyle. That's why I'm so excited about Gilt's Rosanna tableware sale tomorrow. She, Rosanna Bowles, designs gorgeous and unique tableware inspired by nature and traditions. I'm thinking girlish giggles and first loves. Romantic discovery trips to Europe. I'm thinking... I'm thinking... these are two of my favorite collections:

Bella Boudoir 




European Souvenir 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...