Thursday, November 19, 2009

Holiday Cards & Stocking Stuffers

With the holidays right around the corner (Thanksgiving is next week!), I find myself growing more curious about what this year's holidays will "look like" from the storefronts.  With the holidays being the single biggest make-or-break season for retailers and e-commerce companies, I'm paying full attention to what everyone's best-foot-forward looks like.


Everyone seems to be buzzing about holiday cards lately.  Consumer trends indicate that although we've seen a huge boom in electronic communication, the good old snail mail (card giving) has actually gained in its sentimental value.  I love cards and stationary of all sorts.  But, since I have no children, it seems slightly vain to send out cards featuring my own photo.  Therefore, I picked out my favorite stationary card design and chose to not submit a photo and had it printed as is.  This way, my cards will have a blank space for me to hand write a personal message.  Cards courtesy of Shutterfly.  Cheers!


I also volunteered to shop for goodie bags and I found this cute set from Crate & Barrel below.  I'm thinking of picking up reindeer cups and stuffing them with hot choco.  I'd really like to throw in a pair of cute mittens too, but I should probably keep it more gender neutral.  



Today, I discovered Restoration Hardware -a traditionally sophisticated grown-up brand- offers over 300 stocking stuffers.  Three-hundred!  From toys to gifts for him and her, you have over 300 delightful gadgets to chose from.  My favorites are "Super Hero in a Box" (back-ordered) and "50 Best Excuses and Lies for Every Occasion".  It's reassuring to learn that even Grandpa [brands] have a sense of humor.



What stores are you browsing?  Send me your inspirations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...