Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spring is not for Hibernation

I was in Gucci the other day (don't ask -- alright, if you insist: yes, there is a new "baby" in the house of the hobo type) and I noticed the new addition of bag charms to their collection.  The charms include a line of assorted puppies (see below) to be attached to your handbag (demonstrated on a handbag; also below).



This is strikingly similar to the line of animal charms and coin purses recently released by Louis Vuitton (see below).  Granted, the ones from LV will cost you almost 3x the price of the ones from Gucci, which are not exactly offered at rock bottom prices either.





I love charms and everything cute and sparkly, but are they really worth the price tag when I can get something equally bedazzled from Asian night markets? 

Examples from my own inventory:
Hello Kitty fruit charm:  $10 (it's authentic Sanrio. don't judge.)
Dual serling silver bears with movable heads and legs:  $30 

Examples not from my inventory:
Gucci puppy charm:  $150
Louis Vuitton coin purse:  $500

And that is the power of brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...