Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Couture Spring 2010

Couture.  Often thrown around to describe anything "high fashion" or exquisite, and though couture could be both, couture actually means hand-stitched - derived from Old French's cousture seam.

A couple years ago when baby dolls and tent-style clothing (or "maternity" clothing for the gentlemen?) came into fashion, most of us embraced it.  It was comfortable, not body-conscious, and most of all, it was suddenly trendy.  At that time, a friend said to me, "waist lines and structure will come back with a vengeance".

First came waistlines with thick belts, skinny belts and Herve Leger dresses.

Then came structure (and ruffles) in Spring 2010 . . .

From Armani Prive



From Givenchy



(a little gothic looking?)

My favorite from both sets for award season.

From Armani Prive
Left:  This gown is drop dead gooorgeous.  I die.. I die......
Right:  The one on the right resembles the silhouette of Drew Barrymoore's Emmy '09 Monique Lhuillier gown. 
Kate Hudson's also been on a white streak lately. Either of them would look beautiful in this one.

From Givenchy
(gothic eyeline: check.  stunning burst of color: check, check, check!)

Left... Right... where do I begin?  Talk about redefining the "poodle skirt".  They're both spectacular and take my breath away.
I'd like to nominate to see myself in the gowns, goshdarnit.


images / Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...