Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lunch Time

Lunch is always the most important question (problem) of the day for someone working in the suburbs  Transitioning from working in the city (where food is abundant and within walking distance) to working in the suburbs has severely impacted my diet.  First, I don't get as much fresh produce as before (every lunch was salad) since it'd require me to prep my lunch the night before (wash my greens, grill my chicken, boil my eggs -- I've only succeed 1x/month).  Second, with most employees keeping "back-ups" (microwavable dinners) in the fridge for "emergencies" to avoid having to venture outdoors, lunch buddies are difficult to come by.  Third, going out for lunch prepared in same-time would require driving out, circling about, parking, driving back and re-parking.  All this is why our company food supply consists of a vending machine full of never expiring foods where cup-a-noodles and power bars is probably your best lunch combination.

With so many obstacles towards eating healthy, lunch has become a daily battle.  My lunch today was a bagel (from home) and a pack of gummie bears (which I accidentally fat fingered from the vending machine).  Fail.

Black Forest-Gummy Bears, 6lb. bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...