Wednesday, September 07, 2011

I Think I'll Have the Crepe Dress

It's after Labor Day! Pout: we're now at the official close of summer.  More importantly: it's our last chance to whip out our dresses before the chill sets in.

Gone are the sleeveless, spaghetti strapped dresses -- time for transitional pieces that can go summer-day-to chilly-fall-night. Something that's great for in the office and over a glass of red on a nippy evening? I'm a fan of crepe dress.

Crepe dresses are hopelessly classic and carry a hint of fashion. They strike the perfect chord. And, in jewel-tones?  Even better. Red for lipstick-inked champagne glass night-out with Clark Gables. Sapphire blue for the modern day woman. Army green with a leather jacket and ankle boots? For a round of tapas with your favorite girls of course!


Selma Blair and Gwyneth Paltrow were both seen at the Venice Film Festival sporting crepe dresses and I just can't get enough!  The easy and versatile summer-to-fall silhouette in orange-and-green-oh my! helps end the summer on a high note. I especially love the sleeves and  fresh orange hue on Gwyneth.


Gwyneth Paltrow arriving in Prada


 Selma Blair in Roland Mouret Wemmick (6-weeks postpartum!)


I also found two bargain crepe dress options in neutral palettes that go the distance.

  Mink Zip Back Crepe Dress at Topshop for $90



Ruched Mock Wrap Dress at Forever 21 for $29.80 
(I'd recommend always wear this one with a belt)


What about you?  Are you ready for Fall?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...