Saturday, July 24, 2010

J.Crew Desert Army

The J.Crew late summer/fall catalog arrived in the mail today and the theme for the spread was a desert army look.

My interest was piqued: the creative vision of J.Crew really astounded me.  How did a preppy-casual, semi-upscale brand translate their look into a desert adventure? I'd love to have been in that concepting meeting. Bold, bold move, Crew.



The overall cuts and shapes for the apparel were consistent with their current line (a-line skirts, lived-in shirts.. and of course, tons of layering). But, their new collection of handbags really stood out. The one above (Brompton Sachel) reminded me of a Speedy with shoulder straps. And this summer, I'm all about the shoulder straps.

I personally loved the Brompton purse because it offers a perfect blend of prepster geek with Cali casual.




Brompton Purse $278

(I'd wear it slightly higher than shown on the mannequin. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...